- Yachting Pages takes a look at yachting associations - 30/11/2016
Yachting Pages have put together an article for crew on the benefits of joining the PYA.
- PYA Christmas Ball 2016 - 22/11/2016
Get your tickets for THE social event of the yachting calendar!
- The PYA at the Monaco Yacht Show 2016 - 06/09/2016
As part of its commitment to Continuing Professional Development, the PYA is once again hosting a jampacked programme of informative events for the yachting industry at this year's Monaco Yacht Show. Don't forget to register for your place!
- Décret Etat d'Accueil - 29/06/2016
Good news for foreign flagged vessels operating in French waters!
- GUEST Training Awareness Day - 21/06/2016
On the 14th May, the PYA hosted two interactive GUEST training sessions for interior crew at the Royal Beach Hotel in Antibes.
- The PYA at the Palma Yacht Show 2016 - 05/05/2016
The PYA kicked off the 2016 Mediterranean season by attending the Palma Yacht Show and had a busy few days of hosting workshops, assisting crew and signing up new members.
- PYA-Endorsed Workshops Delivered by ACREW - 11/04/2016
Crew can now have their attendance at selected ACREW Continuing Professional Development events stamped into the brand new PYA Crew Work Book.
- PYA announce partnership agreement with Worldchefs (WACS) - 16/03/2016
Exciting news for Superyacht Chefs!!!
- Is your CERTIFICATION ready for 2017? - 12/01/2016
Make sure that your courses are up to date and in line with the Manila Amendments of the STCW Code ahead of January 2017.
- Voluntary Code of Practice for Watersports in the Superyacht Industry - 19/11/2015
At this year's Monaco Yacht Show, the PYA in association with the RYA launched 'A Voluntary Code of Practice for Watersports in the Superyacht Industry'. Download it here.
- An important tip from the PYA for all seafarers hoping to gain their OOW CoC - 18/06/2015
Changes to requirements coming into play for OOW applicants
- Work Placements on Yachts: A Survey for Captains - 27/05/2015
In an initiative to get more enthusiastic, young people into the yachting industry, the PYA are exploring the idea of a program of student work placements onboard. As a captain, would you be open to the idea?
- Steer your Engineering Career: online survey - 07/04/2015
The PYA and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) are working collaboratively to support engineers who are keen to progress their careers through Professional Registration qualifications.
- EU Regulation 1257/2013 on Ship Recycling - 26/03/2015
The EU Regulation has implications for the superyacht sector since it requires yachts to record their Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM).
- Best Management Practice for Large Scale Rescue Operations at Sea - 11/03/2015
The international maritime community are currently facing the issue of Large Scale Rescue Operations at Sea (LSROAS) due to the increase of illegal maritime migration and people smuggling in the Mediterranean.
- Update on the Ship's Cook Certificate - 12/02/2015
The MSN 1846. Who does it apply to? The different scenarios. Online food safety certificates.
- Concentrated Inspection Campaign on Hours of Rest - 27/01/2015
A press release issued by the Paris MoU on the preliminary results of the Concentrated Inspection Campaign on Hours of Rest.
- A quick glance at PYA travels in 2014 - 08/01/2015
2014 was a busy year for us. We went further afield than in any previous year to reach out to our members around the world, holding seminars, informal gatherings, and one on one assistance with general queries and certification advice.
- MLC one year on: 113 ships detained - 18/11/2014
Read a report of the results of MLC one year after it's entry into force.
- PYA Christmas Ball Photos - 10/11/2014
Save the date and be prepared for a great party at this year's PYA Christmas Ball!
- Summary of PYA Sea Changes seminar at the MYS - 28/10/2014
Download a summary of the latest PYA Sea Changes seminar to keep informed of updates to certification for all departments onboard.
- Help MYBA provide children's books for school in Antigua - 21/10/2014
MYBA are collecting children's books for Cobbs Cross Primary School in Antigua as part of their ongoing involvement in the school's development.
- Crew Survey: Why do crew leave? - 09/10/2014
The PYA is assisting Impact Crew by distributing a crew survey with the aim to find out about the primary factors behind crew turnover and the real reasons why crew would leave a position of employment on board.
- PYA Table Setting Competition at the MYS - 04/09/2014
If your yacht is participating in the Monaco Yacht Show this year sign up for the PYA Table Setting Competition.
- The Minnow and the Whale - a true story - 19/08/2014
Ever wonder what the PYA does for you? Take a look at this article and you may well be surprised.
- PYA and RYA need your help - 17/07/2014
Camera....Action.... Help us by sending in photos of crew in action using tenders.
- MLC 2006 and its impact on seafarers - 17/07/2014
Read an edited extract from "MLC 2006 and its impact on seafarers employed in the luxury yacht sector" by PYA member Captain Adrian Croft.
- Paris MoU ready for Maritime Labour Convention - 17/06/2014
A press release from the Paris Memorandum of Understanding meeting which took place in Malta, during which the Committee adopted amendments to the Memorandum to include the Maritime Labour Convention 2006 as a relevant instrument.
- Summary of the PYA Sea Changes seminar - 14/05/2014
Download a summary of the PYA Sea Changes seminar to keep informed of updates to certification, especially regarding the Master200 CoC and the requirement for a Ship's Cook certificate.
- Crew contract issues - 16/04/2014
The PYA have been receiving an increasing number of calls from crew who have been dismissed and are unsure of their rights.
- Captain John Percival - 11/03/2014
It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Captain John Percival on Sunday 9th March 2014.
- MYBA Charter Agreement: 2014 revisions - 06/03/2014
A press release from MYBA with details to download the latest MYBA Charter Agreement.
- PYA Yacht Tender Survey - 20/02/2014
Take a look at the results of the PYA Yacht Tender Survey, to which we received over 500 responses.
- NHC Cruising in Norway Questionnaire - 16/12/2013
Norwegian Hull Club questionnaire regarding Superyacht cruising in the fjords of Norway
- Useful Documents - 16/12/2013
If you are in Yachting you will find a list of really useful information here
- Summary of PYA Sea Changes Forum - 15/10/2013
A summary of the PYA Sea Changes Forum which took place at the Monaco Yacht Show.
- Maritime Labour Convention: results of the first month - 08/10/2013
A press release issued by the Paris MoU regarding yachts detained for MLC-related deficiencies.
- Where are we with eLoran? - 08/10/2013
- PYA Sea Changes Forum 2013 - 26/09/2013
Held at the International Hydrographic Organisation, during the Monaco Yacht show on Thursday 26th September. This was a huge success and was very well attended by captains, crew and other representatives from the yachting industry.
- Application for GUEST Certificate of Competency - 21/03/2013
To apply for your PYA Certificate of Competence, please download and complete the application form.
- New EU Regulation increases liability limits for passengers - 12/11/2012
This will impact on all yacht owners/operators established or operating in the EU and EEA that operate yachts certified to carry more than 12 passengers and where there is a contract of carriage in place with those passengers.
- MCA changes requirements for GMDSS GOC Revalidation - 20/10/2012
PYA lobbying leads to MCA revising its requirements for GMDSS GOC revalidation. Instead of 365 days at sea, it is now 365 days signed on a crew list.
- MCA Large Yacht Qualification Meeting - 25/09/2012
The YQP meeting is held annually, by invitation of MCA. MCA recognise the importance of having an independent body, run for crew by crew, to participate in these meetings
- GUEST Transitional Arrangements - 15/09/2012
PYA recognises that there are many interior crew who have a wealth of experience working in interior departments. The GUEST program aims to be as inclusive as possible and welcomes those with experience.
- Interior Training Record Book - 15/09/2012
PYA's GUEST Interior Training Record Book (ITRB) is now available for all to download and use
- MLC 2006 Ratification - 30/08/2012
MLC 2006 will be ratified on the 20th of August 2013. This article explains its impact on yachting.
- PSC Announce Concentrated Inspection Campaign - 27/07/2012
The Paris and Tokyo MoU jointly announce a concentrated inspection regime on Fire Protection and Fire Fighting Appliances
- MLC Update - Cyprus becomes 29th Country to ratify. - 27/07/2012
The MLC will enter into force one year after the ILO receives 30 ratifications.
- PYA's Industry Standard for Interior Yacht Crew - 26/07/2012
PYA introduces an industry standard for the training and certification of interior yacht crew ICTC. Guidelines for Unified Excellence Service Training - GUEST
- PYA HQ Becomes Exam Center for CI LAP Exam - 26/07/2012
PYA HQ becomes an examination center for the Cayman Islands Law and Administrative Procedure Exam
- PYA Launches Profiles - 24/07/2012
PYA launches ProFiles, a new service for members. ProFiles is secure online storage for professional maritime credentials.
- CCI Nice Publish Fiscal Guidelines for Yachting - 02/06/2012
Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Nice publish its comprehensive Fiscal and Customs Procedure Guide for Yachting in France
- New Minimum Safe Manning requirments for Cayman Yachts - 01/02/2012
Cayman Islands Shipping notice 2012-02 introduces important changes to minimum safe manning on commercial yachts.
- Grey Water: The Silent Killer - 06/07/2011
The facts surrounding GREY WATER, otherwise known as 'the silent killer', are anything but grey. They are stark, shocking and uncompromising.
- Stop the Stripping - Only on the Decks! - 23/05/2011
Cleaning teak decks with acid-based products has a huge impact on the environment. Consider the alternative.